The continuous technological evolution and availability of complex software products that can automatically manage the entire lifecycle of IT infrastructure led to the adoption of Cloud models built on software virtualization of the Data Center infrastructures.
The "Engineering Cloud Data Center" uses the Microsoft Azure enterprise technologies to build and deliver fully automated cloud services and managed through a portal to conditional access consistent with the model "private cloud" but open to integration with the Hybrid Cloud model.
In Cloud Data Center all resources (compute, storage and network) are virtualized and made available to the customer via a portal divided into specific sections for each IT service; in IaaS and PaaS model, made available by Engineering, these resources are combined to create IT services, ranging from single virtual LAN to complex Web services and distributed across multiple components.
Engineering offers Cloud services conforming to NIST standards and ISO / IEC (17788-17789), customizable and hosted on dedicated hardware infrastructure and fully redunded. These services have been built through a suite Software attested on the best available technologies, so as to integrate "Engineering Cloud" with that of other market leading operators or private cloud solutions for customers, through the implementation of the model "Hybrid Cloud". Specifically, the Cloud Engineering services are available through the "Microsoft Azure Pack" platform.
These services allow you to build both Private Cloud and Hybrid Cloud thanks to the perfect combination between the IT services offered by the Engineering data center and its platform Cloud-based Microsoft WAP.
Microsoft Azure, Windows Azure Pack and Windows Server solutions, offer common user interfaces and are based on the same technology, allowing you to create a single consistent platform called Microsoft Cloud OS.
The flexibility offered by "Engineering Cloud" allows you to optimize your IT investments and at the same time to use the best infrastructure to the detailed requirements of each application and to access any external SaaS services.
The Self Service Portal of Cloud Engineering offers the opportunity to select services based on Windows Azure Pack (WAP platform) made with Microsoft Azure technology integrated with Windows Server, System Center, and SQL Server which allows you to create hybrid scenarios Private Cloud, Public Cloud and Cloud hosted; there are many services availables such as hosting of virtual machines (IaaS) , database as a service (DBaaS), scalable hosting Web applications (PaaS) and much more.
Windows Azure Pack includes the following capabilities:
- Management portal for tenants, a customizable self-service portal for provisioning, monitoring, and managing services such as Web Site Clouds, Virtual Machine Clouds, and Service Bus Clouds.
- Management portal for administrators, a portal for administrators to configure and manage resource clouds, user accounts, and tenant offers, quotas, and pricing.
- Service management API, a REST API that helps enable a range of integration scenarios including custom portal and billing systems.
- Web Site Clouds, a service that helps provide a high-density, scalable-shared web-hosting platform for ASP.NET, PHP, and Node.js web applications. The Web Site Clouds service includes a customizable web application gallery of open source web applications and integration with source control systems for custom-developed web sites and applications.
- Virtual Machine Clouds, a service that provides infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) capabilities for Windows and Linux virtual machines. The Virtual Machine Clouds service includes a VM template gallery, scaling options, and virtual networking capabilities.
- Service Bus Clouds, a service that provides reliable messaging services between distributed applications. The Service Bus Clouds service includes queued and topic-based publish/subscribe capabilities.
- SQL and MySQL, services that provide database instances. These databases can be used in conjunction with the Web Sites service.
- Automation, the capability to automate and integrate additional custom services into the services framework, including a runbook editor and execution environment.
Engineering adopts for this service Industry Standard servers power, with the latest generation of multi-core architectures, with wide availability of RAM, and Enterprise-end storage, which offers different levels of storage tiering, including SSDs, delivering optimal performance.
Large service catalog PaaS and SaaS
CloudEng offers a set of customized templates to easy and fasten the task of building and developing new applications.
CloudEng enables access to resources through the secure connection via the Internet or dedicated and customized solutions for the client. Engineering cloud can cooperate with the existing farm in virtualized Data Engineering center in order to enable bi-directional workload migration.
Cloud Engineering exploits the mechanisms of the WAP platform and integrates Engineering Security services which ensure continuous and proactive protection of applications, of ICT infrastructure, of critical infrastructure and of information exchange.
To ensure continuity of service at the highest levels, even in the event of a disaster, the cloud platform is built on two sites, Pont Saint Martin and Vicenza. The disaster recovery site infrastructure is exactly identical to that of production. In case of activation of the DR performances remain unchanged. The Disaster Recovery feature ensures the restart of the entire infrastructure in case of disaster. The disaster recovery replica is optionally activated for individual virtual machines.