Storage as a Service
The Service offers two types of storage:Structured Storage, which provides tiered storage space that benefits from typical features of Iaas services, and Object Storage, through a S3 software solution For enterprise storage needs with geographic replicas.
- SAN Storage: provides structured (on SAN) of different size and different Quality of Services.
- TIER 2: service built on SAS storage infrastructure with small cut disks to maximize performance
- TIER 3: service built on hybrid pools between SAS disks and NLSAS disks, ideal for good performance and excellent early performance
- TIER 4: service built on high-capacity NLSAS disks and performance-friendly storage environments
It is possible to determine the level of data redundancy and the type of disaster recovery
- Local Replication - Creates a data copy in the local data center.
- Geographic Replication – Creates an asynchronous copy in a second data center hundreds of miles away.
- S3 Object Storage: or unstructured storage (Object storage), flexible and elastic, it can be easily expanded. The S3 service can be accessed through standard S3 interfaces. Data are store in four different copies in two data centers at more than 400 KM of distance.
The service can be delivered with different charging models:
- metered /consumption based - the price is determined by the real resource consumption
- in bundle - the price is fixed and is determined on the base of allocated or reserved resources